- 1/2 onion (sliced thinly)
- 1 chili pepper (slit down the side)
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3-4 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 peppercorns
- 1 Cucumber sliced into 1/4" rounds
- Bring first set of ingredients to a boil in a saucepan.
- Place cucumber in a heat-proof jar or bowl. Pour boiling liquid over to cover.
- Cover the container and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours to allow flavors to meld.
- Cucumber can be peeled, seeded and sliced into half moons if you like.
- Add 2-3 whole cloves for extra flavor.